Underarm Excessive Sweating/ Hyperhidrosis
- Sweating is a normal process by which body cools itself when it encounters increased external temperature or when physical activity increases the body’s temperature.
- Axillary hyperhidrosis is a condition where someone sweats excessively from the armpit area, which is totally resistant to all types of deodorants and other odour controlling medications.
- It is present in 1% of the population and a family history is present in 30 to 50 % of cases.
- People with excessive sweating, sweat up to four times more than normal person.
- People complain that anxiety and stressful situations triggers excessive sweating causing embarrassment at work or social situations resulting in low self esteem.
Underarms sweating is triggered by :-
- Heat or cold
- Alcohol, coffee, tea, smoking, hot or spicy food
- Stress, anxiety, strong emotions